20 May 2022
Hello Willowcreek Family. This is Ms. Stewart and here is the Friday Focus message for this week. Our mission is educating, empowering and inspiring excellence. There are 8 items of interest to follow. If you miss any part of this message, visit the Willowcreek website, Peachjar or Facebook page where it will be printed in its entirety.
- Congratulations to this week’s Students of the Week. 6th graders: Mayan Guzman, Eliseo Soto, Tamara Goffin, Lucas Cripe, Jackson Leon and Alayna Ward. 7th graders: Arabella Sweeney, Braden Conn and Miles Bonner. 8th graders: Cooper Wilkins, Ethan Schubert and Terique Hampton. Principals’ Choice goes to: David Sisak, Austin Branham and Azaria Franks. Well done all!
- Monday, May 23 we will begin collecting IPADs from all the students. 6th & 7th graders need to bring their cords and charging blocks to school to turn in. 8th graders will keep their chargers and cords.
- Tuesday, May 24 is the 8th grade Recognition Ceremony and Dinner Dance. 8th graders should arrive between 4:30 and 4:45. The Recognition Ceremony will begin at 5:00. After the Ceremony, the 8th graders will go to the cafeteria for the dance. Food and drinks will be provided. Parents must pick up their child by 8:00. Parents may park and enter the building at either the front or back.
- Thursday, May 26th is the last day of school for this year. Each grade level will have their own Field Day Party on the football field.
- One of our 8th grade girls was in a serious car accident last week. She is recovering at a hospital in Chicago. We are collecting “Coins for Kiana” next week Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We will purchase gas cards to help offset the cost of going to see Kiana. Any student who brings in $10 will be entered into a drawing to throw a pie at Ms. Stewart, Officer Mike, Mr. Chlebowski or Mr. Wissing at Field Day Thursday.
- It is important to come to the school clinic to pick up any medications your child has before the end of the day on Thursday, May 26. Any medication left in the clinic will be safely disposed of.
- Registration for the 22-23 school year is open. Please log onto the school website and register your child for the 22-23 school year.
- There will be no more activity buses for this year.
Have a great weekend.